Internship - Venture Capital
DuMont Venture is looking for an outstanding intern (m/f) to support our team in Cologne for 2 to 6 months. Tasks may range from research on background information on startups and technology trends to the analysis of business models and the general support of the investment team in the due diligence process for new investment targets. In addition, we want to support independent research or final thesis projects of our interns.
The ideal candidate (m/f) has min. completed the fourth semester of a bachelor’s or undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (business administration, IT/media). Practical experiences in the relevant areas (startups, business development, investment banking, consulting) are appreciated. We are particularly looking forward to submissions from candidates who already have made entrepreneurial experiences or have been involved in comparable initiatives.
Tasks and areas of operation:
- Support in the analysis of business- and financial plans
- Preparation of market researches on industry trends and new technologies
- Development of databases, research tools and internal documents
- If necessary, research on advanced topics for projects or final thesises
- Relevant practical experiences in online business models, marketing, finance, IT and web technologies
- Completed the fourth semester of a Bachelor’s or undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (business administration, economics, IT or media-related study courses)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experiences as a founder or initiator of own projects
- Knowledge in programming, web design, Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Duration of at least 2 months, located in Cologne
About DuMont Venture:
DuMont Venture was founded in 2007 as a subsidiary of the Cologne-based publishing group M. DuMont Schauberg. DuMont Venture invests in growth companies in the areas of digital media & IT and provides capital for product development, market entry and internationalization efforts. We are a young, interdisciplinary and highly motivated team which is looking for an ideal candidate who wants to grow and develop in this rapidly moving environment.
We welcome applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a meaningful cover letter, your resume as well as relevant letters of references. Furthermore, please let us know the earliest possible entry date and your salary expectations.